CAP Student Eligibility Requirements
To participate in CAP courses, students must meet the following criteria:
- Junior or senior standing
- Have a minimum of a “B” average (as defined as a minimum 80% GPA)
- Successfully complete math placement requirements/prerequisites for all courses
- Successfully complete English placement requirements/prerequisites
- Complete CCC prerequisites/placement and corequisite requirements for all courses as stated in the CCC College Catalog
Additional participation criteria may also apply and is determined by each individual high school.
Many CCC courses have prerequisite coursework that must be completed prior to registration. Some courses have corequisites that must be completed prior to registration or completed at the same time as the main course of interest.
For courses with prerequisites:
Students must demonstrate that the prerequisite has been met by:
- Completing the prerequisite coursework, or
- a satisfactory score on a CCC placement exam, or
- meeting CCC placement criteria.
All CCC students are required to take an English placement exam. All students are required to take the math placement exam unless they already meet prerequisite/placement criteria. In addition, students must meet placement or corequisite criteria for any other courses that have math or English placement requirements. Site coordinators and/or school counselors are required to verify that placement requirements (and any prerequisite and/or corequisites) for each course have been met.
A site coordinators signature on a registration card is required along with an attached student transcripts and are used to verify a student can register for a particular course. Final verification of student eligibility is evaluated by the CAP Coordinator upon registration.