Skip Navigation LinksHome > College Advancement Program > Requesting an Official Transcript

Requesting an Official Transcript

Credits will transfer to most other colleges and universities; however, each institution has its own policies and regulations concerning the transfer of credits. Students are advised to check with the college(s) they are considering regarding transferability. Students should call and ask to speak with the chairperson of the academic department in which they wish to major or the college registrar. Even if they cannot give a definitive answer until after an official transcript has been submitted, they should be able to provide information regarding their general policies.

Transcript requests can be made in person, by fax, or by mail. In all instances, the student's signature is required for release. Transcripts take 2 to 4 working days to process and are free of charge. The transcript request form can be accessed through the Registrar’s Office webpage at . When the form is completed, send the transcript request form to the Registrar’s Office in one of the following ways:

· Dropping it off at the Registrar’s Office (Room 132 of the Moore Academic Building);

· Faxing the form to (518) 562-4118;

· Scan and e-mail the completed form to: Transcript Request

Mail is another option and send to:

Registrar’s Office

136 Clinton Point Drive

Plattsburgh, NY 12901

Please note that all financial holds must be cleared before a transcript request can be processed. If you are requesting that official transcripts be sent to multiple locations/recipients, you will need to submit a form for each recipient.

For questions call the Registrar’s Office at 518-562-4123