THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN TO STUDENTS BEGINNING WITH THE FALL 2012 SEMESTER.
Renewable Energy Technologies pepares students for entry-level positions constructing, installing and maintaining solar and wind electricity generating systems for both residential and light commerical applications. Course curricula include english, math, science, industrial technology and electrical technology. Other topics covered include photovoltaic systems, power generation and delivery, and wind energy.
Upon receiving a degree, students will also have the option of transferring into one of several Bachelor Degree programs in Renewable Energy Technologies in New York State.
The mission of the Renewable Energy Technologies AAS degree program is to prepare students for employment in solar and small wind-based renewable energy related areas and/or for the pursuit of advanced degrees in renewable energy by educating them in the fundamental concepts, knowledge, and practices in electricity, electronics, and renewable power generation with an emphasis on equipment and system maintenance.
The program will:
- describe the role of renewable energy as alternative energy source.
- demonstrate an understanding of the mechanical and electro-mechanical systems of Renewable Energy Technologies.
- install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair photovoltaic renewable energy systems.
- install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair wind power systems.
- demonstrate an understanding of electrical power delivery systems.
- demonstrate proficiency with multiple types of electrical test equipment.
- prepare to solve mathematical problems typically encountered in the Renewable Energy industry.
Course Sequence Information
SUGGESTED COURSE SEQUENCE: Students entering the program during the spring semester may not be able to complete within four semesters due to course scheduling. The following sequence is intended only as a guide for general academic planning purposes. IT NEED NOT BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY, NOR BE COMPLETED IN FOUR SEMESTERS.FIRST YEAR
|Eng 101 English Composition
||Ete 202 Industrial Electricity
|Ete 101 Electrical Circuits I
||Ete 102 Electrical Circuits II
|Mat 105 Technical Math I
||Mat 205 Technical Math II
|Env 101 Environmental Sci.
Ete 104 Electronics I
|Csc 230 Intro to Networking
||Mec 209 Env Health & Safety
|Wtt 201 Power Gen & Delivery
|Ete 106 PV Theory & Design
||Ete 107 PV Install & Maint.
|Phy 111 General Physics I
|Wtt 101 Intro to Wind
||Mec 102 Blueprint Reading
||Wtt 103 Safety at Height and
Archive of prior degree requirements by academic year