Did You Know?
APPLY NOW!The Community College of the State University of New York, An Overview, June 2007
- 27% of all 2007 Clinton County high school graduates attended CCC in the fall.
- CCC is 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of a four year public or private college.
- CCC offers students a complete residence hall experience with a full service dining facility.
- CCC has free and ample parking for all students.
- Over 80% of CCC students receive financial aid.
- CCC faculty and staff are proud of their “open-door” policy and focus on providing a supportive, caring atmosphere for students
- CCC offers a Child Care center conveniently located on campus.
- CCC’s Athletic Teams are highly rated and were recently invited to join the Mountain Valley
- CCC was ranked #1, by students, among all community colleges in course-related laboratories, availability of on-line courses, new student orientation, billing and payment processes, class size and assignments that require critical thinking.
- CCC has 9 career programs (Examples: business administration, business information technology, accounting, computer information systems, criminal justice, human services, and nursing).
- CCC offers two business degrees entirely on-line saving time, gas, and child care expenses.
- CCC offers many articulation agreements with a variety of SUNY and private institutions throughout New York State (Examples: social work, education, natural resources, human services, computer science, and cytotechnology).
- Most CCC classes are taught by full time faculty members who specialize in teaching.
- CCC’s Student Affairs Division was cited as having an “Outstanding Student Affairs” program by the State University of New York.
- CCC’s Student Affairs Division has a Leadership Development Program that prepares students to take an active role in their communities.
- CCC offers the latest computer soft ware programs as well as network and wireless access on campus and in the residence halls.
- CCC nursing students achieved a 98% pass rate on a recent state nursing exam.
- 555 high school students took College Advancement Program (CAP) (college courses in high school) in the fall of 2007.
- CCC has over 8,000 proud alumni across all 50 states.
- CCC offers workforce training to numerous local businesses and industries.
- CCC Foundation offers over 50 Scholarships to students from Clinton, Essex and Franklin Counties.
- CCC has provided over 40 years of quality education to residents of Clinton County.
- CCC contributes approximately $48 million dollars to the local community.
- More State University of New York students att end Community Colleges (214,129) than attend SUNY 4 year institutions.
- SUNY Community Colleges enroll a greater number of full time students than other northeast or national peer colleges.
- SUNY Community Colleges have a greater yield of degrees than northeast or national peer colleges.
- SUNY Community Colleges have a higher first year retention rate than northeast or national peer colleges, also a higher 3 year graduation rate and higher transfer rate to baccalaureate institutions.