Environmental Technology A.A.S.
The Environmental Science Technology program at Clinton Community College is designed to prepare students for employment in careers related to environmental science technology. Students who successfully complete this two-year program will be awarded the degree of Associate in Applied Science (AAS).
The Environmental Technology A.A.S. program will:
- Prepare Environmental Technology majors to problem-solve.
- Prepare Environmental Technology majors to use appropriate technology.
- Prepare Environmental Technology majors to accurately collect and record data in field and laboratory settings.
- Prepare Environmental Technology majors to communicate effectively.
Minimum Degree Requirements (64 credits)
English (3 credits)
|ENG 101||English Composition|
Social Science (3 Credits)
|PSC 240||State & Local Government|
Math (7 Credits)
|MAT 105||Technical Mathematics I|
|MAT 161||Elementary Statistics|
Science (24 Credits)
|BIO 101||General Biology I|
|BIO 102||General Biology II|
|CHE 111||General Chemistry I|
|CHE 112||General Chemistry II|
|GEL 101||Physical Geology|
Info. Management (3 Credits)
|CSC 102||Introduction to Microcomputer Applications|
Environmental Science & Technology (10 Credits)
|ENV 101||Environmental Science|
|ENV 210||Environmental Technology|
|ENV 211||Water Quality Operator|
Mechanical Technology (14 Credits)
|MEC 100||Introduction to Engineering Technology|
|MEC 206||Principles of Fluid Power Systems|
|MEC 207||Industrial Maintenance|
|MEC 209||Industrial Health & Safety|
Students who earn an Environmental Technology A.A.S. degree are prepared for entry-level work in the field.
Some popular career options are:
- Drinking Water Treatment Operator
- Wastewater Treatment Operator
- Environmental Technician (Soil, Water, Air Monitoring)