Wind Energy & Turbine Technology, A.A.S.
This rapidly emerging, new technology has created a void in trained persons to do the maintenance and repair work on the vast number of turbines being built each year across the United States. This program will allow students to enter a growing field.
The mission of the Wind Energy and Turbine Technology A.A.S. program is to prepare students for employment in large-scale wind-based renewable energy production careers and/or for the pursuit of advanced degrees in renewable energy by educating them in the fundamental concepts, knowledge, and practices in electricity, electronics, large wind turbine power generation and power distribution, with an emphasis on safety practices system maintenance.
The Wind Energy & Turbine Technology A.A.S. program will:
- Provide students with background knowledge in electrical, mechanical, and fluid power at the entry level for wind turbine service technicians.
- Provide students with opportunities to demonstrate knowledge on the placement of wind turbines.
- Provide students with knowledge of safety practices used in utility scale wind turbines.
- Provide students with troubleshooting experiences at the entry-level for wind turbine service technicians.
- Prepare students to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, as well as interact effectively within the work environment.
- Prepare students to solve mathematical problems typically encountered in the wind industry.
Minimum Degree Requirements (63 credits)
Effective Fall 2021
English (3 credits)
|ENG 101||English Composition|
Math (8 Credits)
|MAT 105||Technical Mathematics I|
|MAT 205||Technical Mathematics II|
Science (12 Credits)
|PHY 111||General Physics I|
Computer Science (3 Credits)
|CSC 230||Introduction to Networking|
Health & P.E. Activity (1 Credit)
|Career Fitness or
Mechanical Technology (9 Credits)
|MEC 102||Blueprint Reading & Technical Schematics|
|MEC 206||Principles of Fluid Power Systems|
|MEC 209||Industrial Health & Safety|
|MEC 222||Programmable Logic Controllers|
Electrical/Electronics Technology (14 Credits)
|ETE 101||Electrical Circuits I|
|ETE 102||Electrical Circuits II|
|ETE 105||Digital Electronics I|
|ETE 202||Industrial Electricity|
Wind Energy & Turbine Technology (13 Credits)
|WTT 101||Intro. to Wind Energy & Turbine Technology|
|WTT 102||Wind Turbine Mechanical Systems|
|WTT 103||Safety at Height & Rescue|
|WTT 201||Power Generation & Delivery|
|WTT 202||Turbine Troubleshoot & Repair|
Students who earn a Wind Energy & Turbine Technology A.A.S. degree are prepared for entry-level work in the wind industry.
Some popular career options are:
- Wind Turbine Technician
- Electrical Technician
- Fluid Power Technician
- Automated Systems Technician