International Students - How to Get Your VISA
Step 2: APPLY for YOUR F-1 VISA
- If you don't already have one, apply for a passport in your home country; check to be sure that your first and last names exactly match the first and last names on the education documents you will submit to Clinton. Your passport must be valid for the whole time you will be at Clinton.
PAY YOUR SEVIS FEE:
- Once you have been accepted, Clinton will send you an I-20 and an acceptance letter. After receiving your I-20, you will need to pay a SEVIS fee.
Click here for instructions on Pay your SEVIS Fee.
COMPLETE your Non-Immigrant VISA APPLICATION:
- Complete Form DS-160, and upload a photo. (You will be able to translate the form into your native language) Save your application ID number to access it later. Print the application confirmation page to bring to your interview.
- After paying your fee and completing your VISA application online, call the closest American Embassy in your home country to schedule an interview to obtain an F-1 student visa. You can find location and contact information for your closest US Embassy here: Directory of United States Embassies and Consulates Overseas
PREPARE for your INTERVIEW:
- To prepare for your visa interview, you must have the following documents:
- Valid passport (for at least as long as you will study at Clinton)
- Original letter of acceptance/admission issued by Clinton Community College
- Original SEVIS I-20 form issued by Clinton Community College
- SEVIS fee receipt (form I-797) (How to Pay the SEVIS Fee)
- Copies of all of your high/secondary school or college transcripts
- Copies of your English Proficiency Report
- Proof of ties to your home country
If you are denied a VISA, the visa officer must verbally inform you of the reason for the visa delay. If your visa is delayed, please send an e-mail message to Anna Miarka-Grzelak and provide the date and location of your visa interview, and details regarding the reason given by the visa officer for the delay. The U.S. State Department has prepared information on student visas on its web site which may be useful to you.