Proof of Immunizations

New York State Public Health Laws 2165 and 2167 require that all students attending college and universities who were born on or after January 1, 1957 and registered for 6 or more credit hours to submit documentation of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella (MMR).

MMR vaccinations

Acceptable proof of immunizations:

  • Vaccination card from childhood must be stamped or signed by a healthcare provider;
  • Immunization records from your doctor's office must be signed or stamped;
  • High School or prior college's immunization records;
  • Blood test (ORIGINAL LAB REPORT IS REQUIRED) proving immunity to measles, mumps and rubella;
  • Certificate of immunization from INS or country of origin for international students; or
  • Honorable discharge papers from military service, within 10 years of discharge, pending receipt of shot records.

Meningococcal vaccination form requirement

Students registering for 6 or more credits on campus must submit one of the following documentation requirements.

1. Documentation of the meningitis vaccine within the last 5 years (1 dose of MenACWY or 2-dose series of MenB).


2.  Signed form that you are making an informed decision to decline the meningitis vaccine at this time. RECEIVING A MENINGITIS VACCINE IS NOT REQUIRED! ON THE SUBMISSION OF THE FORM.

Meningitis Immunization Response Form

Students enrolled in distance learning classes only, and not attending classes on campus, will be exempt from providing immunization records.

The NYS Public Health Law  states that a student will not be allowed to remain enrolled should they fail to submit these documents. Students who fail to comply with this law will be administratively withdrawn from the college.

Immunization records may be faxed to the Health Office at (518) 562-4197 or mailed to the CCC Health Office, 136 Clinton Point Drive, Plattsburgh New York, 12901. Please be sure the document is legible prior to sending it in. If you have questions regarding immunization records and requirements, please read our Frequently Asked Questions page or call us at (518) 562-4129 .