Apply for Admission to Clinton
International students who are non-native English speakers must show proficiency in English with a minimum score on one of the following tests:
- TOEFL score of 70+ (iBET); or
- IELTS Academic score of 6+; or
- PTE Academic (Pearsons) score of 48
Students who do not meet these proficiency levels cannot be accepted for admission to Clinton until acceptable proficiency levels have been achieved.
Students who meet the required English proficiency level are requested to continue with the application process and provide the documents listed below:
Step 1: APPLY to CLINTON
- Proof of English Proficiency (as indicated above)
- Original copies of Academic Records
- Proof of Financial Resources - currently $24,500 (for annual tuition, room and board)
- Students who are transferring from a US college must also send an official transcript from that college and copies of their 1-20, 1-94, visa, and passport, and have their advisor complete the FSA-5 International Transfer Report. See more information for transfer students below.
- Complete Application Cover Letter
Email All Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
*E-mail is the primary method of communication between Clinton and international applicants. Please provide a valid e-mail address on your completed application in order to receive information and updates from our office. It is also important that we have a working phone number for you so that we can call you if we need to assist you with your application. Finally, international applicants must have a permanent address outside of the United States.
Additional Requirements for International Transfer Students
Any international applicant who has completed academic studies at another college or university may be considered for transfer admission to Clinton Community College.
Students with less than one year of full-time study will be considered for admission based on a review of their college/university transcript(s), as well as secondary school records.
Transfer students from within the U.S. must also send:
- Copy of your I-94 and current I-20
- Copy of your passport photo page and visa page
- Complete the FSA-5 International Transfer Report (which must be filled out by the student and the DSO (Designated School Official) from your previous institution attended
College Postal Mailing Address:
Clinton Community College
136 Clinton Point Drive
Plattsburgh, NY 12901