Policy on Missing Students
A Missing Student is defined as any student who resides in a facility owned or operated by Clinton Community College and is reported missing from his or her residence on campus.
Residence Hall Students
Any person who believes a student is missing should be directed to Campus Security in the Moore Building (Room 125), phone number: (518) 562-4215.
Campus Security will initiate a Missing Student Incident Report.
Campus Security will escort, or contact via phone after hours, the individual filing the report to the Dean for Student Affairs. The following Level I protocol occurs during the first 60 minutes:
- Residence hall room check
- Call student cell phone
- Discussion with roommate
- Discussion with RA and friends
- Check meal plan usage
- Check vehicle
- Review of class attendance
- Check with employer (if possible)
- Check hospital admittance records
- Check cameras
- Check residence hall access card reader
- Check emergency contact number
Based on information gathered, and conversation with the emergency contact person, the Dean for Student Affairs will decide if this case escalates to a Level II protocol. Level II protocol includes:
- Make a copy of ID card picture, circulate an "All Points Bulletin" to Campus Security at CCC and University Police at Plattsburgh State University
- Notification to local law enforcement and transfer of information
- Notification to the college's crisis management team
- Notification to the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement for possible press contacts/questions
- Notification to Assistant Vice Chancellor for University Policy at SUNY System
Off campus individuals who contact a College office in an attempt to locate a student should be transferred to the Office of the Dean for Student Affairs to file a Missing Persons Incident Report or for the Dean to attempt delivery of a message to the student assumed missing.